Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Freaking Valentine's Massacre Day



Well, last night, I stopped by the grocery store to get cat food. I picked out a $4 bunch of flowers and some chocolate covered strawberries for Bigdog because I've put him through hell lately.


I got home and presented them to him and he said, "I bought you flowers(a dozen pink roses)."


Then he reached into the frig and brought out a Stawberry mousse/chocolate confection. "I'm trying to butter you up." (Oh God-what now)


"Why?"


"You want the good news or the bad news first."


"Hit me with the bad news."


"I got fired."


"WHAT???????" Actually, I think I buried my head in my hands and said, 'Oh, Christ'.


"Yeah."


"And the 'good' news would be......?"


"I got a new job...making more money....closer to home. Go out on a project next week."


Happy bloody Valentine's.......

No comments: