Friday, March 7, 2008

My Pain Never Ends

Remember when I moaned endlessly about the tv for each eyeball? I was so glad when we got that settled. Then last month The Clueless One came home with a new toy cuz all his friends had this new toy and he wanted one. Of course, it came in the disguise of a gift for me (too bad you can't see my eyes roll). Needless to say, this didn't fit into the old cabinet. I looked for weeks and we finally found a new cabinet I liked. Tada! Craftsmen style in a way.
Cubedog: beautiful, lovely...now the bookcases on the other hand....
Otter: Shaddup......I haven't gotten that far in the weeding process yet. But if you are refering to the golden oak color.....amazingly enough, The Clueless One got a clue and noticed. Of course, that meant another project for me....staining the bookcases. On a lighter note, the cabinet should go with the mantle surround I found at the thrift store....thirties craftsman style.


So what happened to the old tv and cabinet,you ask? So glad you asked. The Clueless One decided he wanted to use the cabinet in his office. No problem. I helped him shuffle desks, then left him alone to figure it out. It wasn't very long before I heard him call me to come see.....quick! He could hardly wait for me to see his masterpiece.......






All I can figure is that it comes in handy when he is lying on the sofa that faces it, he once again has a tv for each eyeball. You can't tell from the pic, but yes, they are tuned to the same channel.
The Clueless One has outfoxed me......again.
Cubedog: Peas & Rice! Is that a 3rd TV on the very tippy top? I could (almost) understand if they were on different channels, but what the HelloDolly?!? Not even Bigdog would try to pull that one and we all know how creative he can be;case in point, I want a patio cover-he goes out and buys and installs on my oak tree one Army surplus parachute......

Otter: Au contraire.....tis the Bose up there, which blasts Symphony quality sound at Clueless One. It's his office so he does what he wants in there. At least I only have a big honking 40 inch plasma tv to make it's presence known. No one had a cabinet big enough to hide that monstrosity.

I asked for a front porch....picturing a quaint wood railing and all that cute country porch idea. Instead I get pipe frame and pipe railing. He likes to point out how he got decorative and used spiraled pipe on the front posts. I just put the big nix on metal siding. The roof is okay...Hawaiian Blue looks good....metal siding not so much. I just can't take anymore metal around here!

No comments: