My SaYH friend, Kim, tagged me for a meme, so I decided to go for it. I've never done one before....be gentle with me. And pardon me for not tagging anyone else. I think everyone I know has already been tagged. Okay, here we go.......seven things I love.
1. The biggest thing around here.....hubby, aka The Clueless One. We met when we were 19 and were married within 6 months. It was love at first sight for me.....lust at first sight for him but he came around eventually. No one loves me more, frustrates me more, hurts me more, or makes me feel safer than him. After growing up together, I can't imagine a life without him. In fact, we have argued about who will die first because neither one of us wants to face life without the other. Sappy, eh?
2. The two handsome men that I get to call my sons. They are as different as night and day but each are a delight. The oldest gave me three beautiful little girls that call me "Momo". I know the youngest will get on board with the grandkid thing one of these days. I would prefer he find the woman he is meant to be with first.
3. Plants....especially the ones that flower. I am passionate about trying to make the pitiful land I live on bloom with beauty. I have got to have trees, and bushes that screen me from neighbors. It is the most frustrating thing in my life. I live on a rock shelf held together with a thin layer of clay glue. Nothing delights me more than seeing something I have grown, bloom. Thank God my water is the best in the world!
4.My animals. I am a sucker for animals. I have a problem with empathy. I can feel things from animals. It's kind of weird, hard to explain, and harder to live with. I want to take home every animal I see and make them a good life. That said....my current favorites are Missy, Lucy, Tigger, and Jack. My little buddies, spoiled brats, and comforts.
5. My church. I love the fact that they don't subscribe to any man derived religion. I am free to discover all the facets of God without having to put him in a denominational box. It is so very sad the way man has invented religious do's and don't's to wrestle people into conforming to their ideals by trying to make God into a bad guy. He really isn't. He is pure love, and I love the way my church is free to express that. Oh, and God didn't invent religion. Look it up.
6. My sister. My best friend in the whole world. The one person who has walked the same road I have in life. We have walked it together. Sometimes veering off, but always back on it helping the other to make it back. She shares the same life experiences though through different eyes. I love spending time with her.
7.Weather. I am one of those people that would watch nothing but the weather channel if it weren't for the global warming loonies that appear regularly. When it is yet another hot, dry day here, I turn on the weather channel to watch it rain somewhere. When it is another dry warm winter, I turn to the tv to watch it snow somewhere. I can't sleep if it is storming because I am too wired and want to watch it. I can't tell how many times I have woken in the middle of the night, not knowing why, until I look out a window and discover that snow is falling. I should have been a meteorologist, or a storm chaser.
That's it. I will probably think of a dozen other things that I should have listed, but I guess this will have to do.....let it go to fly freely.