Saturday, August 14, 2010

Changing Locations

 Sorry folks, I guess in my excitement, I posted the same pictures. Just ignore those, I am losing my mind.
uh oh.....the whole  flavor of the blog is going to change. I just realized yesterday that I am cutting the distance between us in half.....and moving off of I-10. I will be closer to 35. What to do, what to do?
Anticipating the move has driven me up the walls. First there was the decision....made easier by the Clueless One being home to witness the latest crap by one neighbor. Then, after he left, the other neighbor pulled a childish foolish prank. When Clueless One was home, I experienced such fury at the jackass neighbors that we are forced to drive through their place to get to ours, that I did something I have never done before. I had to break something. I grabbed my heavy work gloves, hunted down a 4x4 wood post, and proceeded to whack an iron pipe post with it until it broke into three pieces about a foot each. Of course, being me, the first post I hit contained a nest of red wasps. They were not appreciative in the least of my disturbing them. I got to suffer through about 4 days of a swollen arm.
So we found a house.... a big one on a lake, at a great price. I was nuts about that house. But Clueless One balked and by the time he decided to buy it, there was another bid on it. We still had a chance.....until the bank decided to take their sweet time putting together a simple prequalifying letter for us. We lost that house. I was absolutely furious and hurt. And I was mad at God for that and a few other things that happened this year. A friend of mine tried to get me to still thank God for things, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of anything.
It was on a wednesday that I was driving to the city to pick up my new glasses and do some shopping. I really hate that hour drive. I do a lot of thinking then...some not so pleasant. This time I realized that I had something to be thankful for....the finances to buy a house away from this horrible place. So I did thank Him.
The next day, my real estate agent sent me an email with about 5 listings on it. Clueless One and I went through them and found a couple in our price range to look at. After we set things up with the agent, I went back to look closer at the other ones she sent. I had bypassed one house because of the price. When I went back to look, I discovered I had looked at the wrong price...it was lower that the original price and in our range. Looking closely at it, it was perfection. Something we never even dreamed we could have. I called the agent back and set up to see that house. Clueless One had found that his days off had been shortened (no surprise there) and had to go back to work the next morning...friday. So we set up to see that house at 9am, and another one just down the road from it.
Friday morning we got up at 5am to hit the road by 6 in order to see the house at 9. We were dazzled when we drove up, but the selling point was that the spot for Clueless One's dad was exactly what we were looking for. The house has an added on Master Suite, at the other end of the house for privacy, outside access, and a room that is set up to be a perfect kitchenette! Dad will be able to live on his own as in an apartment, and still be very close to the family.
I won't go into details about the nerve wracking back and forth on the bidding....at one point wanting to kill Clueless One, but we finally have a house. Clueless One works only about 2 hours away instead of the 5 now. Our close date is the 30th, and I have movers arranged to load us up on the 7th of September. I am a wreck over the whole thing and wish it was over with. Clueless One will be home for maybe a week just before closing....in other words, he will help pack up that one week, then the next time he has days off, he will go to a new home. Yep, the whole circus is totally on me. That is why I am a wreck. I am in charge of moving two households and decades of living in one place, plus get everything switched to the new house. The power is awaiting his signature and our co-op referral letter, and the cable tv/internet/phone has been set up to be turned on the first. Living in one place for 20 years means it's challenging to get everything switched to another place in a county 3 hours away. My guts are in an uproar, I have lost weight, and don't sleep for very long at a time before my mind goes into a panic and wakes me up.
So, now that I have set things up, here are pictures of our dream come true.

On Pleasant Lane in Pleasant Valley. The style is called Hill Country. It's perfect.
The back of the house from the garage. There are nice decks, lily pond full of frogs, fenced in garden, and chicken pen.
The view out the back door. I predict many hours spent in that gazebo, starting with coffee in the morning.
ohhhhh.....a hot tub! then a picnic table, then a swing. The swing overlooks the pond and a rock swale that goes across the yard and under the deck.
Inside the front door to the right is the living room, dining room, and kitchen...all open to each other. No more secluded kitchen. Notice the trim work and the ceiling beams.
A lovely dining area. Love the ceiling clad in wood. In front of where that clock is, will be my china cabinet.

And a most excellent kitchen!! My red and blue things will fit very well in there. I can hardly wait!
One really nice part about the house....cable internet. I just spent about 2 hours  trying to get all of this uploaded. My satellite internet has been totally off for over a month now.
I will post more pictures later. I am worn out from trying to get this post up all morning.
I just noticed that blogger isn't posting the whole picture. I changed the size of them, so maybe it will now.

No comments: