Thursday, August 19, 2010

The neverending Saga of Housebuying

Well, here we sit, a little over a week from closing day. I have my end tied up on a pretty bow. Picked a Home Warranty company, got my letter of credit because the mail can't manage to get a letter 20 miles to me, change of address forms printed out and ready to turn in, pets shots updated and new address logged into their files, more boxes, and things at the bank are almost ready for signatures. Even talked Clueless One down from a tizzy over temporary interest rates.
So what could happen now? Well, a bit of background.....we made a bid on the house, the seller came back and wanted 12,500 more. Okay, he indicated it would put him in the hole otherwise. We get his appraisal from April and shows it was worth 33,000 more than our first bid. We are fine with that. Then today we get our appraisal that the bank ordered for the loan. Yeah, guess what.....it appraised at only 1,000 more than our original bid. The whole purchase is up in the air now. My Real Estate Agent sent him the appraisal and will discuss it with him. Either we accept the over priced house purchase, dump the house purchase, or the seller has to accept the lower price for the house. What is in our favor on this is the fact that the seller has already moved out and is anticipating not having to make a mortgage payment next month. That is why they are selling the house....got in over their heads.
I am deflated. I just had to hand the whole thing over to God. Maybe God only wanted us to pay the amount of our original bid, and this is his way of getting us there after all. I don't know. All I know is that it isn't anything I can do anything about.....so it's up to Him.

1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

Praying all goes well for you and your house buying.