Monday, January 7, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Ok, so I get up every morning and turn on the local news. Mind you this is not because I'm a news junkie. I like to know what the weather is going to do that day....and how many stupid people torched their houses overnight(average of 3 per night).
I get very frustrated with our local-yokels trying to relate every flippin national story back to local news. If a kid gets shot in a school in Saschetchawan(sp?), the local talking heads will end the story with a reference back to one of our (many) local school shootings. If a tree grows in Brooklyn, they will remind us that a tree grew here also...albeit 25 years ago, but what the heck, we have had our own tree problems(see what an "international city" we are?)!
This morning....this came up: Officials: Suspect killed, tried to eat girlfriend
they didn't even try.....
Otter: OMG.....I don't EVEN want the news at 10. Can you see me shudder? I have nothing more to add.
Cubedog: In TYLER of all places!

No comments: