Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flashbacks

Brown-brown, my world is brown. On a clear day, you can see forever out here. This ain't one of those. We have got high wind and fire advisories out. The wind is viscious but it is the brown sky that concerns me. It's one of those nasty flashbacks to when Lubbock used to visit Midland on a regular basis. I even have pictures from back then. I never thought I would take pictures down here that looks the same. This must be a pretty vile wind because farming isn't that big in the area around me or north of me, not to the extent that it would cause brown skies. You don't suppose this is Lubbock, do you? Oh the humanity! For the love of all that's good....NO!
It's bad enough that I thought I got away from the dirt I was allergic to and moved to the cedar I am also allergic to........now it must come to visit?
I think I will go take a nap. That's the ticket.....it's all a bad dream and the sky will be blue again when I wake up. Nighters for an hour or so!
Oh yeah, while I was in town running endless errands, the fire dept ran everything they had out my way. I can't tell you how nervous that makes me to be in town when they head out my direction. I kept waiting for FIL to call me on my cell. Not to worry......didn't see hide nor hair of them on the way home.

No comments: