Thursday, April 16, 2009

Forget Waterboarding-Give the terrorists this pattern

I faced a daunting task this morning. I had to frog back from row 90-something to row 27...again. This is the 5th time I have had to frog this sweater right front. There I was, heading into the home stretch and this morning (of all mornings) I held WIP front against FO front. OH S#*&! Decision time. At 6 am my brain is not completely up to speed and I couldn't figure out where I had gone wrong or how to fix it.
So I sat there with the finished and not-so-finished pieces laid across my lap, coffee in hand trying to decide whether I should frog the FOs and find another pattern. Yep, I was seriously contemplating frogging 2 years worth of work.
With the liberal application of caffeine to sleep/stress/frustration befuddled mind, I finally figured out where I went astray. Exactly what I had done wrong on the first half...again...but in a different way.
Have I said how much I now HATE this pattern.
Now it is a matter of pride. There is no way in Hades that I am going to admit defeat to some damned Limey pattern.

Otter: Okay, I just cannot believe you did it again. By now you should be able to do this pattern...correctly...in your sleep. Do NOT let that pattern win!!

No comments: