Monday, April 13, 2009

New Shawl

Remember friday when I called you about both of us being blind? I told you I had a vision of what to do with some yarn I had. That evening I found the pattern I wanted to use and cast on. I worked on it all saturday and part of sunday. I am about the halfway mark now. I used the 5 skeins of Plymouth Confusion that I got at Yarntopia and 5 skeins of Trendsetter Madison that I picked up for $4 a piece at Tuesday Morning. I am loving this thing!! I can't put it down because I want to see what yarn is next in the Confusion. It is a simple garter back and forth, increasing at the beginning of the odd rows...which ends up being just one side where you also change yarns. I am trying to keep the different yarns used at equal amounts at a time. After 6 rows, you knit one, yarn over, across the row, then the next row you knit the knit stitches and drop the yarn overs. Lots of room for screw-ups....believe me! I have discovered that I don't like doing drop stitches with eyelash yarn...ugh. I am saving just enough of the Confusion to add more fringe than the new yarn beginnings have. Self-fringing, ya know.
Now I am thinking of a drop stitch shawl I saw in Knit n Style that would look fantastic in the skeins of Kollage Serenity I have. I am wondering if I have enough....or if I have something in my stash that would go with it well. This Confusion yarn has my mind doing flip-flops over the possibilities. I just wish I could weave yarn together like they did in the yarn changes in Confusion.

No comments: